2017 Crystal Apple Awards
Congratulations to the winners of the 19th Annual Crystal Apple Awards, and thank you to our generous sponsors, without whom these awards would not be possible! Read more...
"The purpose of the Dream Builder's Educational Foundation is to ignite endless possibilities through partnership and support of pre-Kindergarten through grade 12 learners in southeastern Washington State."
Our mission is to ignite endless possibilities through partnership and support of learners.
Dream Builder’s Educational Foundation was formed by Educational Service District 123 in June, 2009. Since its inception, we have been able to fund a variety of requests from students and teachers in the southeastern Washington region. With the support from the Dream Builder's Educational Foundation, students have been able to achieve their dreams, and teachers have been able to support the students' projects and activities.
2015 Curiosity Camp
Dear Dream Builder’s Educational Foundation,
11 August 2015
THANK YOU so much for your donation to support our second annual Curiosity Camp at Columbia Basin College’s Bechtel National Planetarium!! You helped us to enrich 15 local students in grades 3, 4, and 5 with hands-on activities and stimulating discussions.
We had a very busy week, including:
- Estimating and modeling the sizes, distances, and movement of objects in the solar system
- Investigating the formation of impact craters through experimentation
- Exploring the solar system, constellations, deep space, and brand-new data from the New Horizons mission using CBC’s state-of-the-art planetarium
- Learning about the science of superpowers with physics professor Dr. Su Hyun Kim
- Observing the sun and Venus through different telescopes at the Moore Observatory
- Discovering the challenges of landing on Mars by designing landing craft to protect an egg dropped from a height of 30 feet
Our primary goal at the Planetarium is to share the wonders of science, technology, and the universe with the lower Columbia Basin community. Via greater engagement, we hope to inspire more citizens—young and old—to pursue and appreciate science. Curiosity Camp is an important tool for educational outreach, and it was a success thanks to you!
Erin Steinert, Planetarium Outreach Specialist
Kristy L. Henscheid, Ph.D., Planetarium Director